1. Ovibreed Ltd shall make every endeavour to ensure the safekeeping of all animals under their care. However, Ovibreed Ltd shall not be held responsible for any loss, injury or death of any animal under their care, or for any loss of earning whether direct or consequential.
2. You, the client are aware that there are risks associated with any surgical procedure or anaesthetic administration. While Ovibreed Ltd will take every reasonable care of your animals on centre and on farm during procedures, Ovibreed Ltd cannot accept any liability for any infertility, illness or injury to any animal in our care or for any loss or damage incurred subsequently. Ovibreed Ltd strongly recommends that you either extend existing cover or take out new cover to appropriately insure your animals.
3. Ovibreed Ltd shall make every endeavour to provide reproductive services to the best of their technical ability. However, Ovibreed Ltd shall give no guarantee as to the pregnancy rates that will result from the use of either artiﬁcial insemination or embryo transfer or semen freezing technique.
4. You, the client, agree to take all reasonable steps to ensure that all animals are handled safely and carefully in accordance with any instructions given to you to by an Ovibreed Ltd representative, thus to minimise any risk and/or damage to the handler and the animal. Where such instructions are given all relevant persons must be informed of these instructions.In particular, you must adhere to your instruction as to the loading and unloading of animal in cradles.
5. As residents on our centre your animals are insured up to £5000 in the event of straying, ﬁre and theft ONLY. Ovibreed Ltd cannot accept any liability for ill health to any animals either in our care or in transit. It is strongly recommend that the client either extend existing cover or take out new cover to insure your animals for their stay on our centre.
6. Ovibreed Ltd shall be under no liability for embryos or semen during the freezing process, in store or in transit on your behalf or for any consequential loss or damage incurred after transfer. Ovibreed Ltd will take every reasonable care of your embryos/semen but it is not our policy to insure them and the client should insure appropriately.
7. In the event of failure or delay in carrying out the work in whole or part due to any circumstances whatsoever beyond its reasonable control Ovibreed Ltd shall not be held responsible. Furthermore if any circumstances directly or indirectly related to coronavirus, including the effects of coronavirus on other services prevent Ovibreed Ltd from providing services to you this season Ovibreed Ltd will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, cost, expense or compensation. If any client is not transparent about their or their family/staff status with respect to coronavirus, Ovibreed Ltd may seek compensation should any loss to the business of Ovibreed Ltd or that of their clients result.
8. Ovibreed Ltd shall not be liable to the client in respect of any loss of proﬁts, goodwill or any type of special, indirect or consequential loss, Including loss or damage suffered by the client of any reports, results or information provided in pursuance of the contracts.
9. The service to be supplied by Ovibreed Ltd will be as agreed by the client and9. The service to be supplied by Ovibreed Ltd will be as agreed by the client anda representative of Ovibreed Ltd. The amount for payment shall be laid out in the current Ovibreed Ltd pricelist.
10. All invoices including VAT if applicable will be raised following the completion of the agreed work by Ovibreed Ltd, Invoices will be payable within 30 days of receipt. Any clients with outstanding accounts will be unable to make bookings until payment has been received. Repeated late payment will result in discontinuation of service by Ovibreed Ltd.
11. Ovibreed Ltd reserves the right to cease work and, if it thinks ﬁt, to terminate the contract if payment is not made by due date. If payment is not made within 30 days of the due date (without prejudice to any other rights of Ovibreed Ltd) Ovibreed Ltd shall be entitled to charge interest (both before and after and decree) on the amount unpaid at the rate of 5% per annum above the Royal Bank of Scotland base lending rate until payment in full is made (a part of a month being treated as a full month for the purpose of calculating interest).
12. Work cancelled by the client within one month of the agreed date of commencement, shall render the client liable to cancellation fees on the following basis:
Within 3-4 weeks before agreed date: 20%of estimated contract price
Within 2 weeks before agreed date: 30% of estimated contract price
Within 1 week before agreed date: 50% of estimated contract price.
13. Information obtained in the course of the performance of the contract, which is speciﬁc to the client’s business but subject to legal requirements to the contrary will be treated as conﬁdential by Ovibreed Ltd.
14. Any report or statement issued by Ovibreed Ltd or any extract therefore shall not at any time be published by the client or made use of in any publication without written permission from a representative of Ovibreed Ltd.
15. The contract will be subject to the Scots Law and both Ovibreed Ltd and the client hereby submit to the jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
16. There may in some cases be a requirement for Credit or Debit card details to be provided in order to secure a booking. Where payment has not been received 60 days following receipt of an invoice, it may be processed electronically.